The South Kent Methodist Circuit is looking to appoint a House Missioner to develop Missional work in some of the large new house estates in and around Ashford, Kent. A house will be provided on one of the new estates and the post-holder will be expectd to live there.
- full-time permanent lay appointment
- starting salary £28,938 per annum – with rent-free accommodation
- 40 hours per week, flexibly, to include some evenings and weekends
This post is one of 3 across the SE District being set up with the help of District funding and the person will work 2/3 time in the Circuit, based on one of the new estates, and 1/3 time in an advisory role, assisting the other Circuits in our section of the District and working ecumenically across the URC Southern Synod area.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have a heart for mission, with relevant experience
- Have excellent inter-personal skills
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to set up a social media presence on behalf of the Church
- Be well organised with some administrative experience
- Be happy working alone and as part of a team
For further information, including job description and application details please contact the circuit office using the contact form on the website.
Applications need to be received by Midday Friday 31st January 2020
Interviews will be held on Monday 10th February 2020
Appointment starting May 2020
A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS is required for this post. We are an equal opportunities employer but there is a genuine requirement for the post holder to be a practising Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010; part 1, schedule 9.