The Methodist Church has been part of Elham since the start of the nineteenth century when the influence of the Revd. John Wesley had led to groups of Christians meeting in classes to share their understanding of the work of Christ in all believers. At one time there were at least two Methodist Chapels in Elham, the present one was erected in in 1839, after what is now the adjoining Hall became too small for the congregation.
Morning Worship: 9:30am
There is a small village ecumenical Sunday School that meets at another location in the village. They take it in turns to join the service at the Parish Church or the Methodist Church at planned intervals for the last 5 or 10 minutes of the service. Preachers will be informed in advance by a church steward when it is the turn of the Methodist Church to host the children and young people. You are asked to endeavour to try and include them in some way in the closing part of the service.